LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
THIS APPOINTMENT LETTER IS NOT VALID UNTIL IT IS DUELY ENDORSED BY THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF THE NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME.
- It is our pleasure to inform you that you have been posted to
Region under the National Service Scheme in the category of Public Organizations/Institutions
[GES, Ministries, Departments and Agencies as well as quasi-government]
- Your period of service starts from ________________ and
ends on August 31, 2013.
- While on service, you will be paid a monthly non-taxable allowance of two hundred and forty three Ghana cedis, forty eight pesewas (GH¢ 243.48) by the National Service Scheme.
- Howerever, your allowance will be calculated from the day
you report for duty at the establishment you have been posted to. (If for any
reason you have problem with payment fo your allowance please discuss with your
- Your posting is subject to the provisions of the National
Service Act (Act 426). You are therefore required to strictly observe and comply with the National Service Rules
and Regulations (copy provided) and other policies issued by the Scheme as well
as Regulations governing the establishment you have been posted to.
- Please note that you are required to present
a photographic identity card of your previous school to the Regional Director in
whose Region you have been posted for verification and identification purposes.
- You will be entitled to one month terminal
leave (usually in the month of August) which shall be announced by the National
- You will be required to pay an online registration and posting fee
of GH¢ 20.00 deductible at source in two equal
installments from the first two months of your service.
- During your period of service your Head of
Department shall be required to submit a completed quarterly monitoring and
annual assessment reports on you duly commented and signed by you prior to
submission to national service scheme towards certification.
- Please note that all issues relating to your
service should first be directed to or discussed with your District/Regional
Directors and not headquarters. If necessary, they will redirect your issues to
NSS headquarters for redress.
- You are required to register with the National Health Insurance Authority during the registration process at the NSS registration Centres.
- If for any reason the position you are posted
to occupy is no longer available at the establishment, please contact your
District Director immediately for discussion and reposting.
- Please feel free to communicate with your District National Service Director
and/or Regional Director on any issue concerning your service.
We thank you for your co-operation and sincerely hope that your placement is
| Yours faithfully,
(National Service Scheme)
Signature of Regional Director
(For and on behalf of the Executive Director).
Stamp and Date.